The texts below are my own and should not be used elsewhere without my consent, however feel free to copy and use the photos since I have no idea who they belong to. 

Thursday 8 April 2010

Asylum (Part III)

December 8th, This was the day of Alyce's weekly interview, which she'd requested that we have in the canteen. She was waiting for me when I got there.
“How are we today?” I asked her, like I ask all my patients.
“All's well Dr.Layce, I've grown fond of the canteen lately” she replied.
“You look lovely today” I said. She did look lovely. Her pale skinned face was smooth and unlined, it was almost like a mirror image of myself.
“Thank you doctor, you look lovely as well, you have to teach me how to do make-up like you and I love your dress” she smiled with adoration.
“Have you made any friends yet?”
“I wouldn't call them friends but I've talked to a few people” she looked at the camera.
“Does the camera make you uncomfortable?” I had noticed her attraction to the surveillance camera.
“No, not really, I was just wondering if it's running all the time and if anyone even watches it” she asked as if out of curiosity alone but I easily saw through her facade.
“Yup, it's always recording but we only watch it in case something happens” I said.
“Something like what?” she asked.
“Umm...Thievery, vandalism or a fight perhaps”
“You know I don't belong here right?” She stated, matter of factly.
“How so?” I asked.
“It's not me that's insane” she said and looked up at the camera again.
I didn't put much thought into her questions about the camera but I wished I had. As I left the canteen I looked back and saw her take out a piece of paper from her pocket. The other patients and some of the staff kept staring at us during our conversation which I found to be curious. I remember questioning the staff about it but they all dodged my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment